June 6, 2012 19 Comments
The process for getting your links to show up in Google search with your profile picture at the side as shown below is not an easy -
After multiple tries using different types of methods I finally found a simple and straighforward way to do this. It works great for WordPress blogs and theoretically should work the same way for Blogger as well.
- Visit this badge generation link. Visit your Google+ profile page to get your Google+ Profile ID.
- Select the “Icon” option button for the Type setting.
- Once you have your Google badge code, right-click and copy it as shown below -
- Under your WordPress dashboard, goto Appearance->Widgets. Add a text widget to your sidebar by dragging it onto the sidebar as shown below -
- Add the Badge Author Code you had copied earlier and paste it into the Text Wwidget as shown below -
- Click Save.
You’re all set! Give it a day or so let the Google Spiders crawl your website / blog for the changes. Once you are verified as the author of the blog, a link to your profile and your profile picture will begin appearing in Google Search results. It will make your blog posts look more professional! Note: Google likes high resolution profile pictures that are evenly sized. Make sure your profile picture set in Google+ is a decent image which has a resolution of atleast 250×250 pixels.
You can also use the official Google Rich Snippet Testing Tool to ensure your changes above are working.